Wednesday, October 6, 2010

IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE!

Last night was great! I came home from work to find most of my family at home. Kathy was coloring Christy's hair. Scott was making waffles for dinner. Andrew was feeding Easton plums. Katie was feeding Cohen a bottle. Addison was watching Diego on T.V. and toys were scattered over the entire floor. The only two who were MIA were Adam and Serina. Chaos was definitely the master of the house. All the plans I had made on my drive home from work to get my windows washed in preparation for my upcoming surgery and recovery just disintegrated into a puff of great intentions.

As I walked into the house Addison heard me come through the door and ran to me saying, "Nana. Nana. Come watch Diego." She loves me. I walked over to the table and Easton sat and grinned at me with plums covering most of his face. He loves me. I walked over to the overstuffed chair where Katie and Cohen were and Cohen smiled at his Nana. He loves me. Scott had me sit down and he handed me a delicious waffle with peaches on it for dinner. He loves me too. I looked around the toy strewn, make-shift hair salon, noise filled family room at the family that I love and I saw life through a whole new set of windows. The view was wonderful!

1 comment:

Sandi and Curtis said...

What a great life! Thanks for sharing. All will be well.