Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Where's the flood Noah? A couple of weeks ago I walked into the district's admin building where my office is located and my first clue that all was not well was the water on the floor that had leaked out of the building's boiler room. Walking further down the hall, I found the caution tape strung in front of the elevator. Because of the torn tendon in my foot and the heavy cast up to my knee, I almost turned around and went home. But No! I trudged up the 40 stairs to the floor where my office is located only to find out that a major pipe had broken and my floor as well as the floor below us had broken and flooded the building. With all of the construction needing to happen and all of the asbestos that will be exposed during that construction, it became necessary for us to relocate. I am now a refugee and temporarily housed at the Title I portable at Freeport Center. I don't mind. It is only a 6 minute commute compared to the 25 minute commute to Farmington. I love the folks who work there and with people not knowing where to find me it is really quiet. The only drawback is that my administrative assistant is located in Farmington but with technology, we keep in touch. How long will I live there...it is anyone's guess. I have heard anywhere from 4-6 months. Until then...traffic is terrific!

1 comment:

Sandi and Curtis said...

You have so many adventures! What is next?