Monday, November 16, 2009

THE BLESSINGS OF FAMILY

This has been a great weekend. Busy...but great! I took a couple of days off of work to spend with family last week. Kathy is here from Florida. Thursday Kathy and I watched Addison while Katie and T.J. went to the doctor. They brought home video of their new little one who will be joining their family the end of June. Love, love, love the miracle of life. We will have three grandchildren by July and I can’t wait. We went to lunch for Christy's birthday and ran some errands. Adam and Serina came over for dinner.

Scott took Friday off to spend with us, but he and I spent time together for the first half of the day. It was fun just the two of us. The last half of the day we worked on getting food and home ready for Kathy's baby shower. It was a long but great day.

Saturday it snowed. The first snow is the best. It was the baby shower for Kathy. It was so good to see so many friends and family and they gave them so many beautiful things for their little guy "Peanut," who will join our family in March. We wish his dad could have been here as well. We miss Andrew. Kathy will be here until the 23rd and then will fly back home to Florida.

Sunday morning Scott fixed a breakfast fit for a king. It was T.J.'s birthday breakfast. After church we had our little family over for a faux Thanksgiving dinner with Kathy. It was great. Then we watched "UP." I had never seen it before and it just emphasized what I had already been feeling. Family is everything! And as for me…I love mine!

No comments: